Unexpected things happen all the time and they’re worse when they happen over long weekends. Canadian Tire has your back if one of those issues should be your car. Canadian Tire is offering their Roadside Assistance with a free tow to the nearest Canadian Tire outlet in the event of a breakdown during the Civic Holiday weekend. The service is available from 6:00am August 3rd to 6:00am August 7th. Call (1-888) 7ASSIST (727-7478) from any public roadway in Ontario up to a maximum of 100km from a Canadian Tire Service Centre. For some extra tips for a safe summer drive, click the read more link.
Tips to ensure a safe summer drive:
▪ Battery Check: Extreme temperatures will drain your battery; stop by your local Canadian Tire Auto Service store to have your battery checked.
▪ Change your coolant: Overheating is a major cause for vehicle breakdowns and coolant is one of the most important fluids in the vehicle because it maintains the temperature of the engine.
▪ Check your belts: Over time, serpentine/drive belts crack and fray - it's an item that should be replaced regularly. Ensuring this belt is in good working order will prevent unnecessary breakdowns.
▪ Oil Change: Oil breaks down over time and is vital to the health of your engine. When an oil change is performed at a Canadian Tire Auto Service store, a comprehensive inspection on the vehicle to prevent breakdowns is also performed. Your battery, belts, air filter, tire condition and tire pressure are all checked.
▪ Tires Pressure: Maintaining proper tire pressure will not only keep you safe by allowing proper braking capabilities, it will also ensure the vehicle is running with optimum fuel efficiency.